In an effort to ensure graduates, family members and friends are fully informed about commencement and LMU-sanctioned activities surrounding the festivities, we have provided the following essential information.
|Rehearsal||Thursday, May 14, 2014 at 3 p.m. on the 3rd Floor of the Law School|
|Commencement||Saturday, May 17, 2014
|Venue||Lincoln Memorial University Tex Turner Arena 6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway Harrogate, TN 37752|
In order to complete the requirements for the Doctor of Jurisprudence, a student must:
- Complete at least 88 hours, with no more than 29 credit hours from another law school;
- Complete all required courses as defined by the Student Handbook in §XII.G.1. & XII.G.2.;
- Satisfy the upper-level writing requirement;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.000 or higher;
- Complete the program of legal studies in no fewer than twenty-four (24) months and no more than eighty-four (84) months from the commencement of study at the Duncan School of Law or any law school from which the Duncan School of Law has accepted transfer credit;
- Complete 30 hours of pro bono work after all required courses were completed, at least 10 of which must involve meaningful law-related service to persons of limited means or organizations that provide service thereto;
- Complete debt counseling, if the student has undergraduate or law school loans;
- Have no outstanding balance on any LMU or DSOL account; and
- Order graduation attire and pay the graduation fee.
Note: The credit hours needed to complete the requirements for a Doctor of Jurisprudence will change to 90 hours for those students matriculating in Fall 2014 or later.
Parking at the Tex Turner Arena on Lincoln Memorial University’s Main Campus in Harrogate, TN is free.