In an effort to ensure graduates, family members and friends are fully informed about commencement and LMU-sanctioned activities surrounding the festivities, we have provided the following essential information.
|Rehearsal at Venue||To Be Announced|
|Commencement||Saturday, December 14, 2013
|Venue||Lincoln Memorial University Tex Turner Arena 6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway Harrogate, TN 37752|
In order to complete the requirements for the Doctor of Jurisprudence, a student must:
- Complete at least 88 hours, with no more than 29 credit hours from another law school;
- Complete all required courses as defined by the Student Handbook in§XII.G.1. & XII.G.2.;
- Satisfy the upper-level writing requirement;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.000 or higher;
- Complete the program of legal studies in no fewer than twenty-four (24) months and no more than eighty-four (84) months from the commencement of study at the Duncan School of Law or any law school from which the Duncan School of Law has accepted transfer credit;
- Complete 30 hours of pro bono work after all required courses were completed, at least 10 of which must involve meaningful law-related service to persons of limited means or organizations that provide service thereto;
- Complete debt counseling, if the student has undergraduate or law school loans;
- Have no outstanding balance on any LMU or DSOL account; and
- Order graduation attire and pay the graduation fee.
Parking is free at the Tex Turner Arena on Lincoln Memorial University’s Main Campus in Harrogate, TN.